Do It Scared: Finding the Courage to Face Your Fears, Overcome Adversity, and Create a Life You Love (Hardcover)
Store owner Mike Russo also teaches Small Business Entrepreneurship for KHSD. He enthusiastically recommends this title for those interested in the entrepreneurial mindset.— From The Small Business Celebration Bookstore
What would you do if fear no longer stood in your way?
What would happen if you were no longer afraid to dive in, head first, and go after your dreams, instead of feeling like you were sitting on the sidelines of your own life?
We tell ourselves we are too busy to pursue our dreams. That there's no time, or that it's not practical. But what if the real reason we're putting off our goals is FEAR?
The fear that we're not good enough, not smart or talented or capable enough. It's the fear that others might laugh at us, or that we'll get hurt or be rejected, or that pursuing our true potential will simply be too hard.
And most of all, the fear that we'll fail.
But courage doesn't mean we are never afraid. True courage means taking action, despite the fear. True courage means doing it scared.
The question is - how? How do we face those fears and take that first step in the right direction? How do we overcome those obstacles that stand in our way and sometimes feel insurmountable?
In Do It Scared, popular blogger and podcast host Ruth Soukup will help you to:
- Identify your own unique Fear Archetype(TM) - the specific type of fear that keeps you stuck - and learn how to conquer it.
- Dare to start thinking bigger about your life and your goals.
- Learn how to seek out honest feedback to accomplish big things.
- Embrace the core beliefs you need to overcome different types of fears.
- Discover why our magical idea of 'balance' is totally overrated and let go of the guilt, once and for all.
Equal parts inspiration and tough love, Do It Scared combines easy-to-implement tips with the motivation to start making real changes that lead to big results. Get ready to get off the sidelines and jump into your own life as you dare to Do It Scared.